Into the wild
673 f.a.s.l. (205 m.s.n.m.)
English & Spanish
4 days / 3 nights
Lake Tres Chimbadas, Lake Cocochoca, La Torre Lakes (choose 2 out of these options), farms and traditional crops in the virgin forest, Bahuaja viewpoint and you will enjoy the sunset
Explore the jungle in its natural state by visiting Tambopata Lodge, in Puerto Maldonado, which opens its doors to ecotourism to spread the importance of living in harmony with nature.
Immerse yourself in the jungle in an authentic way, spending a few days at
an eco-friendly lodge located in an area of virgin Amazon forest, only
accessible by boat.
En la reserva de Tambopata podrás contemplar la naturaleza en su gloria desenfrenada lejos de la interferencia del hombre.
In the Tambopata reserve you will be able to admire nature in its unbridled glory far from man’s interference. At Tambopata Lodge you will live a journey of discovery and adventure. You will walk on trails, visit beautiful places such as Collpa La Torre and Lake 3 Chimbadas, meet the people in the area, fish for piranhas, take mud baths and go on nocturnal exploration trips to the jungle.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Book your tour and get confirmation in less than 24 hours
Why to book this tour with What a Trip?
• We pick you up from the airport or bus station.
• You will have a professional and flora and fauna expert guide along the route.
• You will enjoy nocturnal walks to recognize insects, frogs and tarantulas that only live in this part of the jungle.
• You will walk through an exclusive area of private conservation (ACP).
• You will enjoy night boat and caimaneo rides.
• You will see projections of camera traps and conservation projects.
• We pick you up from the airport or bus terminal.
• We take you to our office in Puerto Maldonado where you can leave your luggage in custody and take only what is necessary.
• We take you to the community of Hell on a tourist transport (approx. 45 min).
• We sail a motorboat to the Tambopata Lodge (1 hr 30 min) and eat lunch during the trip.
• We arrive at the Tambopata Lodge, rest in our rooms and enjoy free time.
• In the afternoon we take a walk around the hostel to discover the flora and fauna that surrounds us. We return at sunset.
• We enjoy dinner at the Lodge.
• You will have free time to see more of the Tambopata Lodge.
• We rest in our rooms.
• We start the day taking a boat ride (15 min) until we reach a parrot clay lick.
• We return to the Tambopata Lodge to have breakfast.
• We sail upstream for 2 hours to visit the community of Baltimore, where we will have mud baths, fish in the river, meet people from the area and eat lunch.
• In the afternoon we return to the Lodge and spend free time connecting with nature.
• We eat dinner.
• We sail the boat on the Tambopata River and look for caymans at night.
• We eat breakfast.
• We visit a family from the local community to learn about their day-to-day lifestyle and learn about traditional agriculture.
• We have lunch.
• In the afternoon we take a boat ride and walk until we reach one of the lagoons in the area, where we will board a catamaran and go for a ride.
• We will have the opportunity to practice piranha fishing.
• We go back to the Lodge and enjoy free time.
• We eat dinner.
• We rest until the next day.
• We eat breakfast.
• We say goodbye and return to the port in the community “Infierno”.
• We take you to our offices to collect the luggage you might have left in custody.
• We take you to the airport.
Map of the Tour
Do you have doubts about this tour
Write us directly so we can help you resolve all your doubts and queries.